Pages

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sage Quotes

When I come across a quote - usually it's from an artist of some kind, and that includes the whole pantheon of artists:  writers, painters, actors, etc. - that really moves me, I like to record it.  Now I have a nice little collection of inspirational quotes that truly cheer me whenever I pull them up on my laptop.  


Here are a few:


I’ve found that writing is just as difficult and lonely as it was before I won the Oscar.  Matheny
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury, and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly ... to listen to stars and buds, to babes and sages, with open heart; await occasions, hurry never ... this is my symphony. --William Henry Channing
Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly and they will show themselves great -  RW Emerson

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.  George Burns

To live is the rarest thing in the world.  Most people exist; that is all.  Oscar Wilde

Most men lead lives of quiet desperation.  R. Frost
I didn't want to work. It was as simple as that. I distrusted work, disliked it. I thought it was a very bad thing that the human race had unfortunately invented for itself.  -- Agatha Christie
I am the master of my fate:  I am the captain of my soul. ~~W. E. Henley
One has no talent.  I have no talent.  It’s just a question of working, of being willing to put in the time.  Graham Greene, author of 26 novels, who had a daily quota of 350 words

No comments:

Post a Comment